Monday, August 15, 2011

My Declaration of Introversion.

"Whether you prefer the internal world or the external world, that preference is fixed. You can force yourself to act outside of your element, but an introvert can’t become an extravert and vice versa."
I have a link set to a page where it compare Introversive and Extroversive Personalities. Please read both so that you can understand both sides of the spectrum. 
Read More


MY DECLARATION:
Over the weekend I experienced overflow of requests to hang out with friends. Unfortunately I was extremely busy so I declined. This however is a reoccurring event most weeks. I love my friends but I hate spending time on frivolous activities such as going out every night, clubs, or getting interrupted in between something that will better me (study, building, filming).Dont get me wrong once in a while its good to go out. This resulted with the outside appearance of following my introversive tendencies to the point where friends think I am avoiding them. In a way yes but not as a slight to them. 

As a student and employee, I find that 30 minutes to an hour of quality time with a friend is all that is needed. Some extraverts may find it selfish but trying to change someone is selfish as well because they are changing you for them.  But this self glorified injustice has gone on for too long.  My immediate question was do extraverts now there are introverts?  Then I asked, If extraverts are aware do they understand? My personal conclusion was No. I want to share this because I feel that Introverts are getting the label of jerks or being selfish.  I concerned not to make this appear as an attack on my true friends.
So if you take offense, I apologize but my previous actions, intended to explain myself and Introverts have failed. So I have resorted to text. 




THE AVETT BROTHERS - "THE PERFECT SPACE"
Lyrics:
 I wanna have friends that I can trust,
that love me for the man I’ve become not the man I was.
I wanna have friends that will let me be
all alone when being alone is all that I need.
I wanna fit in to the perfect space,
feel natural and safe in a volatile place.
And I wanna grow old without the pain,
give my body back to the earth and not complain.
Will you understand when I am too old of a man?
And will you forget when we have paid our debt
who did we borrow from?

Okay part two now clear the house.
The party’s over take the shouting and the people,
get out.
I have some business and a promise that I have to hold to.
I do not care what you assume or what the people told you.
Will you understand, when I am too old of a man?
Will you forget when we have paid our debts,
who did we borrow from, who did borrow from?

I wanna have pride like my mother has,
And not like the kind in the bible that turns you bad.
And I wanna have friends that I can trust,
that love me for the man I’ve become and not the man that I was.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More